Lasagna is an Italian dish and is popularized in other countries as well because of its smooth texture, meaty and cheesy taste that almost all ingredients melt into the mouth delightfully and deliciously.
In making lasagna, the ingredients to be prepared are large basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, tomato sauce, salt, lasagna noodles, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese. The equipments to be used include knives, baking pans, cutting boards, cheese graters, measuring cups, colanders, measuring spoons, stockpots and wooden spoons.
• The first step is to crush the basil leaves either by tearing or breaking them using your fingers and then set it aside.
• Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a sauce pan and add to it one clove of garlic cut in half. Then let the garlic sizzle for four minute without letting it get too brown. After that, remove the garlic. Add the tomato sauce into the oil and then stir it. Then add the crushed basil leaves next.
• Put the heat on low, cover the pan and allow it to simmer for half an hour, with occasional stirring.
• When the tomato simmers, fill the large pasta pot with water, around 4 to 5 quarts and add a pinch of salt for flavor then bring it to a boil.
• When the water starts to boil, add the lasagna noodles very carefully and stir occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Cook it until slightly chewy or al dente.
• Drain the noodles and then oil generously the bottom of your baking dish.
• Cover the bottom of the dish with lasagna noodles and spread the sauce over the noodles using spoon and top with some of the cheese.
• Repeat the same steps until the pan is full, but make sure to save most of the cheese for the top.
• Top it with the rest of the sauce and cheese. Cover and bake it at 350 degrees for only 20 minutes.
• Take it out of the oven after 20 minutes, let it stand for around 10 minutes first before serving and enjoying your savory lasagna.