Nowadays, wearing shoes is more of a fashion statement than its real function. If you are a fan of shoes and you have a huge collection of it in your closet, you probably have wondered, how are shoes made? One of the most famous types of footwear is high-heeled shoes and they are very famous to women. There are few steps on how to create high heeled shoes.
• First, you have to measure the width and length of the foot of the person who will wear the shoes. Make sure to have an accurate measurement and repeat the same procedure on the other foot for measurements of both feet may vary.
• Look for a model that matches closely to the foot measurement of the person who will wear it.
• Create the style of the shoes and cut out individual pieces from the material chosen to make the shoe. Also, you have to cut out the counters, the pieces covering the back and side of the fee. Then cut the vamp out or the piece covering the toes and top of the foot and sewn into the corner. Stretch the vamp over the last using pair of pliers than tack it into place.
• Soak in the water the leather forming the soles until it become pliable.
• Then cut the soles into shape that the design specifies and beat it on lapstone, or the stone help in the cobbler’s lip using a mallet into smooth shape. Cut grove to make the indent where stitching is inserted together with the edge of the sole. Mark holes in this grove to mark where you will put the stitches.
• Glue the sole to the vamp then sew the 2 pieces as well using double stitch. Then use 2 needles at the same time, but make sure to stitch in alternate directions so that the done stitches will be seen from the top and the other one done is seen from the bottom.
• Then attach the heels into the holes using nails.
• Then trim of the sole and remove nails to remove the shoe from the last. Then finish the sole with linings of your choice.