Bouncy balls are timeless toys we are all familiar of. They are very cheap and can give hours of entertainment for the entire family. This means that not only children can enjoy playing the ball, even the adult find this to be entertaining. Even if bouncy balls are cheap, you can actually make it on your own. It is quite fun and simple activity to do with your kids. However, you have to keep in mind that these are choking hazards so be careful when working on it with small children. For the activity, you will need 1 tsp of alcohol, 4 tsp of water glass, Popsicle stick, bowl and rubber gloves.
• First, you have to place water in the bowl then dump the alcohol into it with the water glass then start stirring immediately. You want to combine alcohol with water glass. The combination will create the chemical reaction to occur.
• Stir it quickly using the Popsicle stick until the substance solidifies and turns white. It is going to take couple of minutes in order for the chemical reaction to take place. Continue stirring the mixture until the whole substance has turned into a solid.
• Put on your rubber gloves and then pickup the solid substance. This is to protect your skin as the material will be soft and wet still may cause irritation. If you notice, there will be no definite ball shape and it will only fee like messy blob. The next step is ball definition so you should keep the kids back from the mess.
• Next step is to roll and then squeeze into a ball until the bouncy ball’s outside does not break and crumble anymore. You can roll the ball between your hands for about five to ten minutes. It will eventually resemble as real bouncy ball.
• Finally, squish the bouncy ball back together in case it breaks after using. A lot of commercial bouncy balls do not break typically but homemade balls can. Compared to the regular bouncy balls, this bouncy call can be repair if it breaks for any reason. All you need to do is to squeeze and then roll it back together.